Thursday, May 26, 2005

Stuff and Stuffed

I was going to gush and swoon about Bo Bice, by the way he lost to that kari kayu kat bawah, but right now Che Anwar is mersmerizing me with some mind blowing speedy guitar riffs in the tune of some classic S*dom piece. Bo can go back to Alabama lah! My very own rockstar is practising for an upcoming gig on Sunday, and that gig is dedicated to me apparently. And I'm going to partay like it's mah birthday!
Walaupun kekasihku dah tak panjang rambutnya dan tak berjambang, aku tak kira, rocktar aku jugaklah yang paling gerek.

Wait a minute, is he trying to tell me that I won't be getting a present in a little blue box this time around? I'll tell you what I'm going to do. I am going to drop giant hints and drag him to Liz Clairborne at Paragon. 70% Discount you....I might pick that lime green diaper bag to match my MIL's tote and flipflops (so that we can go boria this hari raya) and those mommie jeans. *evil laugh*

Can what, pakaliau shopping for hari raya...And oh, how do I love shopping at Paragon. They have a spanking new Toys"R"Us too. Ma won't feel too selfish then.

A family friend told me this morning, he dreamt that all of his teeth fell out. I told him that someone close to you is going to die, and I said like it was a curse on him. I actually sounded like a witch ( as depicted in movies and folklore).Then it dawned to me, maybe the person who is going to die is ME?

Why is it that when one's birthday is drawing near, one might feel that one won't make it to the next one? Anyway...moving on.

Yesterday's playdate was, well, as usual, did not happen as we planned it. Aishah did not want to leave my inlaws' place, we stayed over for 2 nights because I missed my mom and my MIL would know what to say (and what to feed me) in order to pacify my homesick nerves. Oyy, why I digress lah?

I was a wee bit late for the playdate. Malaysian time late. So it was okay since the host is Malaysian. How rude of me. One playdate could not make it, and one mommie was feeling a bit under the weather, so picnic was cancelled. Instead we spent time in the kitchen exploring the textures, smells and tastes of food and fruits. We had kiwi, mangoes, bananas, lemons, mandarins and apples. They got to learn opposites too. How cute it was to see their contorted faces when things were sour or bitter. Later we had cake. Zana made Nigella Lawson's Butterscotch Layer Cake. Definite sabotage on my diet.

Diet? What diet? I'd like to maintain a constant state of dieting, or thinking that I am always on a diet. What goes into my mouth is a different story all together. Anwar says that our diet is called, "Makan sampai terbodoh". Luckily our guilt was salved by a good 30 minute of void deck football before it was time to go home. Calories burnt? None whatsoevahhh!

What did I have for lunch today? Pickled steak. Weird huh? Well, it's not as disgusting as it sounds. I had some sirloin marinated in malt vinegar and spices for a dinner that did not happen. So the steaks were left to be cured in vinegar in my fridgelah. The beef was throughly cooked by the marinade that I only needed to pan fry it for a few seconds and I was ready to go. I decided to have them for lunch today. Made a gigantic tomato, aubergine, fragrant garlic, olives and pimiento (learnt this word for bell pepper from a Grasshopper in Madrid) bruschetta, with mozzarella of course, just in case the steak did not work. Aishah made mini ones for herself too. And then there were corn on the cob and spaghetti aglio olio, just in case the bruschetta did not come out right.

It was a great day in the kitchen that all the three of us are now slumped on the couch terbodoh until our next meal. *burp* Alhamdulillah. Excuse me while I nurse a mild case of indigestion. Fida, will the cardamom tea work for this one?

No comments: