Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Notice of Resignation

Image is originally published HERE Posted by Picasa

I was about to burst into tantrums considering the state of my house following the demise of my mini reef, I decided to ignore the mess and turned on the tv instead. I found a show that was just beginning, and how aptly was it titled to match my mood at the time, "Desperate Housewives". I know, I know, the hullabaloo about these chicas are oh-so-over but you see, I don't really watch TV these days, since I got my fix from blogging.Heheh. I wasn't really watching, since I was thinking about how pointless it has become to clean the floor of my house only to get it dirty again. Plus, the d*mnation of having lizards with poor sanitary habits squatting behind my picture frames leaving dried skid marks( Ely's term for benda2 terselet) on my lemony beige walls. And, God help me, no thanks to an open lid blender of a two year old who has turned greenfingers, de-potting my small patch of an almost dying green corner, scattering earth all over the place pretending it's winter and that she's playing with snow. Grr...

So,with my laptop comfortably perched atop God-given cushion and stealing glances at the going-ons on Wisteria Lane, I was fascinated by this character Bree Van De Kamp. I thought wow, how immaculate the Van De Kamp's home is. For a while, I was thinking, hey, that would every husband's dream come true huh, the idea of isteri solehah, domestic goddess wuteva. Until the husband asked for a divorce telling Bree that he could not take all that uptight Stepford-wife wannabe perfection. When he said, "I am tired of living like a detergent commercial", or something like that, it hit me. Oh-oh! If I am not careful, I would forget that I have other people living in my house who have every right to do what they like in a place they call their home.

Kak Teh and I had a discussion with me about housekeeping issues a few months ago when I was griping about having to pick up after people all the time, and how hard it is to keep my floor shiny and muck-free. As a result of that, I made the hijrah from the anal spasticolon to this blog which has been more positive than manic depressive eh? However, there are times when I think the old demons do get to me especially when it gets too messy that I have to go to bed with things still lying around the house.

I took a Desperate Housewives Quiz and found myself to be wee bit like a Bree without the hairspray, and that got me a wee bit worried. Hey, I don't want to be a Martha Stewart on steroids and make the people in my household feel uncomfortable in their own home. So folks, I give up. I will only use ONE magic mop and not be too uptight when things are slightly askew.See how it goes.

Hope it won't be as hard as losing this pack of jellied pastries on my multi-tiered waistline. Eww, ugly picture innit? Any success stories from other GI Janes? I, for one, gotta get back to the drawingboard. Heheh.

No comments: