Monday, July 25, 2005

Poor Lil Aishah

It must be some kinda bug that has caused Aishah to purge watery stools for 5 straight days. She had the flu last week and as soon as her nose had dried up, her stomach threw a tantrum. She has not shown any signs of dehydration. Her energy level is normal and she is eating very well. She has no fever and not whining about any tummy upset. But Ma is worried nevertheless. Textbooks tell me to get her electrolytes, weak 100plus or pedialyte. Ginger ale on standby for nausea. I watch her temperature and keep her off playing with potential contaminants. She is on a non-dairy diet for the time being. I hope that this is just the garden variety and not anything else. I have found this site of remedies for diarrhea, thought perhaps other mommies could bookmark it. My heart goes out to Moms who have to deal with much much more serious ilnesses in their children. It does not feel right, innit when you see young 'uns suffer eh? Kesian.

No comments: