Thursday, July 28, 2005

Reverse Peristalsis

Updates:

1. I am in talks with an already established forum to integrate Positivity Heals in it. So issues that could use our help that are posted in that particular forum shall be directed to me, and be delegated to members who have registered at positivityheals.forumco.com
2. GI Jane regime homefront is rather sluggish lately hindered by overzealous drive to cook and eat. No weight loss for the past 2 weeks save for the yoyo effect of that 2lbs tipping indecisively to the left and right of the weighing scale depending on bowel movements and water retention. Renewed membership at the club but have yet to pop over and really making use of the facilities. Maybe I'll check out the al fresco bistro. Heh.
3. Aishah is getting better although I am still not to happy with the consistency of ..ah, u know.
4. My mom's cancer mark has gone down to 35. Alhamdulillah. Thanks to all of you who have offered prayers and well wishes.
Ok, back to blogging (reiterating how self-absorbed I can get sometimes)
I woke up pretty early today to what sounded like a modulated and spoofed version of Jingle Bells from Che Anwar's phone. I would not have appreciated and reacted very kindly if it had been the "Tenenenet...tenenenet" of regular alarm clocks. Getting on the right side of the bed rewarded Che Anwar a little breakfast, an ironed polo tshirt and a matching pair of socks. It is not very often that I really fuss over his stuff in the mornings plainly because I think that I should get as much rest as I could before Aishah wakes up. Excuses.
As usual, I got online, hoping to see Ely. Fair enough, she IM-ed me just as soon as I dropped a comment at her blog. Talk about ESP, y'all. It's spooky how Ely and I sync. We had a great chat, you know how it is, when your schedule revolves around a speeding bullet of a little girl. Anyways, y'all know her mom is with her right now. So I grabbed the opportunity to ngendeng recipes. I got a great paes telur ikan recipe. I thought of making some and bringing the dish over to the inlaws but sadly when I ran through the menu with Che Anwar over the phone, he wanted nasik. *chop, kita ngantuk sambung besok pagi*
*ok, dah pagi...huwaaaaaaaaaarghhh*
Where was I? Ok, Lauk. I told him about telur ikan, encik tu tak suka pulak...Ish! I thought people would kill one another for fish roe. Back where I came from, telur ikan goreng kunyit pun dah best dah. Ini members nak masak paes dia takmo...Rugi! I know why, he grew up thinking fish roe would make him tak pandai Math. So we finalised the menu, I made Black pepper beef with asparagus and Enoki mushrooms serta Fried Kurau with Thai Sweet Sauce. As upah for my good efforts, he took time off from work and brought me to IKEA.
We bought few stuff we needed for the house and a lot more that we didn't really need but looked too cute to miss. For a huge plastic bag of bric n brac, we were relieved the bill totaled up to just $77. We sat down for the free coffee( and refills) and Swedish Almond Chocolate torte to keep Aishah quiet while Ma and Abah sink into each other's eyes( macam betul...)
I needed( cewah, "needed" siot) some cookies, so I went looking for some, ended up buying toffee lollies instead. At the checkout counter Che Anwar asked me if I would like to rekindle my romance with smoked salmon. At that point I went, "Nak, nak, nak, nak...". So he got us the salmon sandwich.
All the three of us gobbled the scrumptious feast in less than 5 minutes. And it was time to go home.
A few minutes down the road, before I could even begin to oggle the sexiest street in Singapore that houses gallerias upon gallerias of shiny hot, hot, hot stuff (think Malayan Motors, MG etc), I suddenly felt a rush of cold sweat, and goosebumps. Good thing one of the shopping bags was in the back seat. Nothing much came out but a bit of foamy stuff. Man, for a while there I thought I was in the "new addition to the family" way.
As soon as we got home, I tried to get comfy on my bed with the aircond on, and the laptop perched on its usual place of rest and chatted with Ayu. Before we could exchange anything much, I had to run off and barfed the brains outta meself.
That must have been a seriously, seriously non-zabihah salmon sandwich, that was.

No comments: