Thursday, August 04, 2005

Cempedak Had A Great Fall

Twas a serene morning for a fresh start when I woke up . A cup of instant cereal later, I was still hungry so I cut the biggest pear I had in the fridge(70 cts sebijik, pencekik punya fruitseller). I thought that if I were to slowly grind this fruit between my chompers while watching food tv, I might forget about waffles and compote. Aishah did not want anything heavy for breakfast, so she agreed to have some cheese, crackers and some of my pear.
The journey(macam la jauh bebenor eh) to the TV room was easy. With Classic 95.0 piping a little cosy ambience, CA straightened up before bed last night so the hall looked magnificent with the school of 9 flourescent blue chromi dancing to the music.We completely ignored the mini Bukit Timah of laundry and made a pit stop infront of the newly resuscitated fish tank. The oldest occupant is, Mommy Nemo, the female maroon clownfish that looked a bit nervous being outnumbered by those tiny yet hyperactive blue squadron of chromis, so we gave her a little pep talk while she was fondled by the tiny tentackles of her round-the-clock masseuse, the neon anemone.
Oh did you know that clownfish are born sexless? How they perform later in life would determine whether they are either female or male.None of that d*ke or metrosexual confusion that we as humans sometimes have. Just before they reach akil baligh, or rather puberty, in other words be old enough to have some bedroom action, they will engage in battle with each other, and the winner shall henceforth be a female. From then on, the losers(sic) are to be toyboys or sex slaves to the respective female and father more and more fries. Now, I wonder who are the lucky ones here. So how can you tell the difference? The boss-lady would develop a darker color and would gradually lose some of her stripes. It is important to note that once the sex has been determined, it is irreversible. So if you are a clownfish fry reading this, better practise your martial arts and win your womanhood. Heheh.
Poor Mommy Nemo is a loner these days. I guess all the boys we gave her weren't good enough. They did not survive Mommy Nemo's kung fu hustling. So far we have had 3 anemones, the latest being the one she seems to enjoy most.
Sorry, I digress.
So while engaging in an animated exchange of deliberate baby gibberish and tummy jabs with Aishah, we finally got to the tv room. I didn't realize there was a puddle of aircond water( alaa..kena service la pulak) on the floor, slipped and lost my footing. I could not centralize myself in time to levitate(perasan lagi), and stumbled on the upright fan and fell on our minibar/box fridge and finally the whole of my 2*.7 BMI crashed on my left knee before I rolled on the floor, grimacing in pain. My TV breakfast went flying all over the place. A sudden surge of what felt like a mini electrocution shot up my spine and stopped somewhere in my ribcage. Placed myself in a recovery position and asked Aishah to get me my wireless from the cradle. It was difficult to decide whether to laugh of to cry, with Aishah giving me a looooooooooooooog and all of a sudden articulate lecture on being careful with all that "why" questions. I could not even speak to CA over the phone because of this little pot pet machine. After the usual first aid thing, minyak angin and stuff, I was mobile again, suffering only a limp and a dull pain in my lumbar area whenever I attempt to move.
As usual, I called the inlaws' for some manja, Bapak insisted that I should teach Aishah to speed-dial their number in case I get klutzy again. I was quickly summoned to Tampines. I took the bus, Zana. Terror tak? Had a quick Old Chang Kee and Jollibean picnic at the interchange. Called CA and asked if he'd like some of those ugly looking epok-epok? I didn't even have to ta pao because he told us he'd join us in our budaya lepak activity. Alang-alang menyeluk pekasam, biar sampai ke pangkal BANQUET- the halal food court. Aishah and I had a fruit platter while CA when slurp-a-slurping the hot-hot Yong Tao Foo.
After packing a bag of Butterfly Kueh, we headed towards the inlaws' for my couple of days of manja-ing marathon.

No comments: