Thursday, September 22, 2005

Gabbing Gebangites





Aishah, Mak Dia, Y, Raudz,Noreez, Rafthah and CK

Yesterday, I decided to give myself a treat just because. So I figured, wouldn't it be nice to see my lepak gang again. Noreez was on leave, and Raudz conveniently took time off from work to squeeze in a job interview just before joining us. CK and Y welcomed the idea enthusiastically. Rafthah finally managed to tear herself away from her hectic job. Our designated party planner suggested that we meet up at Sweet Secrets(sure or not?).Luckily Noreez arranged to meet me at the interchange, otherwise I might get lost, considering the fact that I am an incurable kancheong wreck when it comes to taking public transportation. My sense of direction is a laugh too. Good thing Aishah enjoyed the bus and MRT rides. We went straight to Secret Recipe. I do remember she had said that we were to meet at Sweet Secrets. Imagine if I were to be left to my own devices, Argentina will hear me cry while I comb the entire 3rd floor looking for a nonexistent delicatessen. CK on the other hand had to walk around blindly looking for Sweet Secrets with a kid in tow. Poor darling. Isn't it very telling how Secret Recipe in Singapore is not yet a household name? Thumbs up for the floor manager, for being very hospitable.

Mini Gebangites

While the Mak-mak Budak and Bakal Mak Budak engaged in serious schmoozing parley, the little ones had a little ngobrol moments of their own. CK brought children's activity books and pencils to amuse the girls while the olders girls share a little tete-a-tete. It is inspiring how composed, calm and collected Y remain despite Aishah terrorizing her. CK is right, I need to be firmer with Aishah. What is a mother to do? Must go and do field study, and watch CK at at home lah laidet.

Dara Pingitan bersama Mak Bonda
Everyone seemed to have a lot to tell, we were jabbering jumping topic to topic effortlessly. Halfway through, I realized Raudz and Rafthah spoke the least. Aiyo, next time must let other people talk, Nazrah. In hindsight, there were stuff that Noreez , CK and Raudz brought up that I need to follow up in an email soon.
Sugar and Spice and All Things Nice
I am wondering what is CK's secret to parenting. Y is such a darling at the table. In fact throughout the meetup, she did not give much trouble at all. Unlike my own adrenaline machine, in below picture, who demands her own way of doing things.
Sundae Slayer
I should have know that Aishah was not interested in the sundae, she just wanted the M&Ms. Sheesh. Some sticky moments occured which is normal everytime Aishah is near food. Lucky for me, supermom CK knew what to do when it happens. I maintained my shameless blurrness. So much to learn from CK.
Raudz@ Soo Nar Tee
Soo Nar Tee and her charge

Y seems to be really attached to Raudz, which is wonderful to see.Wonder what Aishah was up to?Doing sticker artwork on the restaurant chair if not hiding under the table.

Gebang goodies from Noreez, Nurul and CK (Thank you)

It is always Christmas when the gebangites meet. But I must insist, not for the lack of grace of course, that the next time we meet, no expensive gifts please.

What's next?

Great World Nasi Padang jadi ka?

No comments: