Thursday, November 10, 2005

Bay Window Bi*ching


So, have you all recovered from Eid Ul Indigestion that seems to be the commonest bug post-festivities? In all avoirdupois Boteroesque glory, the portly paunch is extra jiggly(Hallo there, my perut sayang...*wave wave*) and hey, I think the chin has doubled too. A quick once over reveals that I might have to go shopping for new pants soon. The weighing scale is dangerously tipping towards unhealthy BMI...Yikes! Okay, you can skip reading this if you're having a bad day, cuz there will be whining aplenty as the paras progress. I have been drumming over and over again about how much I would like to lose weight but not really getting down to the business of doing something about it, instead I keep buttering up the already so bountiful bulge with my makan sakan; gluttony. Not really helping eh?
Reality check, do I feel attractive? Not quite there yet lah, but then bersyukurlah. It's not like I am a waddling dugong with lipatan-lipatan melimpah ruah; overflowing, swelling folds (of fat). Okaylah, there are a few lipatan that needs to be toned up if I go to the extent of letting somebody do a pinch test on me.Some of the folds look inflated because of the accumulation of lipids under the skin. But do I want to give up my makan? It's not like I eat around the clock. But why am I disturbed when somebody notices that my face is round? Or that I always talk about food, which is, all together now, pretty much ALL THE TIME! But why am I panicky when CA lost 10 kilos post-Ramadhan without even thinking about cutting down? My recent trip to the pharmacy also a heart-pain(sic) one , I was bombarded with longwinded explication of the various products that can help me lose weight. Whatever confidence I have about being just right for a 30 year old, and a mom at that, went down the drain. And remarks about how I maintained my tembun-ness despite Aishah being an active and boisterous baby are bordering hurtful.

Some people do have the good heart of telling me, hey, people won't notice your being abnormally and unfashionably horizontally challenged, because you have an interesting personality. Yeah, thanks guys, I know that literally translates, "OYY, WHY YOU STILL FAT?!!"

No comments: