Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Sniffle Carnival

All that looking forward to a more lively and energized 30th year of my life was shortlived as the flu bugs came swarming the whole household as if envious of my coming of age. I don't want to start describing in detail how I am feeling or I'll switch back to my spasticolon-ic whining. Kak Teh has probably had enough of graphic descriptions of my migraine, and okay, Fida, I will go to the doctor some time. I am so loved here, my mom would be grateful.
The strong one in the family is Aishah who still manages to make floor art with waffles, cream and strawberry compote even if she looks as if she could use a lot of rest. She has been having difficult nights lately, must be all that snot and sore throat. She is unstoppable nevertheless. I thought I would not see my mop today but mango juice, squashed peas and fish don't make tasteful deco on my tiles. Sheesh.
Anwar is also feeling a wee bit rundown as well, with the onset of flu.He's my migraine-kindred spirit among other things, whenever I get an attack, chances are he'll get hemicraniac himself.He could have been huddled here with me but he is needed at work. One of the tunnels got flooded last night. I get hyper-worried when he has to go down 30m underground in a basket. In a basket mobilized by a crane. We'd think it's all futuristic in the construction business eh? Please Allah, protect him from harm.
I had prepared some chicken for a satay dinner today but could not get down to making the peanut sauce because my lengkuas had fungicized on me. And with this headache and the River Nile running down my nostrils, those skewers might end up a Kassim Selamat stunt, so back in the freezer the chicken went. Instead I made Tenggiri curry. That's all I could manage while feeling like I've been hit by a truck.
Anwar loves my fish curry but very rarely eat the fish. When served curries, he likes to have 'em with fish cake sambal and there should be papads to go with his rice. I did not prepare a vege dish either. Looks like he has to take care of dinner himself tonight.
*sniff sniff*

No comments: