Monday, September 12, 2005

A Day at the Beach

I wanna build Ma a BIG castle

And a tall tower for her to skodeng Malaysia

So after my Saturday episode of muncung, we started Sunday morning with high hopes. So much for promises of Egg Benedict at Starbucks first thing in the morning, CA just had to touch the fish tank lah. First it was a noisy pump, and then, there were air bubbles in the water and then, kaplonk!! Banjir, saltwater all over my living room. Sigh. I was posing another muncung yet again. Luckily, Ely was there to pacify my nerves via YM. A little after noon, oooh a hungry man is an angry man, CA finally got the fishtank under control.
Aishah was already throwing tantrums, insisting that she would not go out unless it's the beach. Makeup on my previously matte face was getting a bit shiny, and my tummy was playing a maniacal symphony much akin to a Slayer piece. I was resigned, mana-mana pun bolehlah, tak kuasa gua!
He would not let up, so just I told him I wanted to go somewhere I could sit down and read the book Mak gave me, Grasshopper by B.Vine, and finally succumbing to the Da Vinci's Code bandwagon. So he packed some Padang food from Selera Bundo, and we headed to the East Coast beach semasa matahari tegak di atas kepala. We found a shady spot, at one BBQ pit and hentam our tapau-ed brunch. We were soon joined by another young family who were obviously on a special diet. The parents had cabbages, carrots and tomatoes while the kids had noodles and seaweed soup. The young boy looked at our lavish spread of ayam sambal hijau, rendang daging, bergedil, lemak pucuk ubi, sambal belacan and sambal goreng and had a longing look on his face. Nak pelawa, mak dia bawak dia lari pulak. Kesian. Either they have serious allergies to food stuff, or they weren't eating real food for religous reasons. They could not be on a slimming diet as they were all skin and bones.
After lunch, we secured another shady spot under a tree to lay our mat, and chose another one where Aishah could build sandcastles. It was really sunny but luckily I had one of those F1 giant umbrellas, that worked as a parasol for my girl.Her hat was not giving her much sun protection. I am a puteri lilin wuss.
I had Super Big Gulp iced lemon tea, peanuts, Twisties and CA on my lap while I read my stuff. Sigh. Finally, some quality time for the two of us. A picture perfect afternoon.
Baru nak relax, a group of people invaded our temporary hideout by spreading a large mat 4 times the size of our tikar jerami and totally ignored the fact that they were really cramping our space. How rude.But then it is the weekend, and we have to share every bit of Singapore with everybody. I was not annoyed until they started playing out-of-tune hippy songs and making a whole lot of ruckus over the guitar player from Hell. Aiyoh!
Turned out it was some kind of a family gathering. Gathering of noisemakers and hooligans I should say. Not only the little kids were making so much noise, one of them stomped all over the castle that Aishah had built and kicked sand on CA and Aishah's face. I glared at the supervising parent, he only told that little rascal a lame, "Be careful".
To which spunky Aishah replied, "Stupid boy!"
I did not teach her that, I swear.
We left soon after, as things were getting strangely rowdier, and it did not help that we were outnumbered by this big group. I guess with limited space to lepak, one cannot main chop-chop tempat. As we approached the parking lot, the sky turned grey, we smiled conspiratorially at the clouds.
I needed to stock up dairy products for the larder so we headed to Parkway. Just outside Giant was this place, Pastamania that sells Vittoria coffee, so we singgah sekejap, java junkie that we are, and CA surprised me with a small serving of Italian Tiramisu. Belum sempat ku menjamahnya, bak seekor helang, Aishah menyambar tiramisuku tanpa segan silu. I managed to get a spoonful of it. And it was gooooood.
After Giant, we headed home and freshen up. No TV, no internet, no books, no touching the fishtank, just the 3 of us on our kingsized bed. Lights were off by 10. Woke up feeling very refreshed, and so in the mood for housework. Hope to keep this up.
So that was my Sunday. How was yours?

No comments: