Friday, September 09, 2005

Tete-a-tete

Today is an especially slow day for me because I simply felt like living la vida lazy. I slept late last night, hammering my merajuk away on the keyboard ; sulking, because somebody did not help me clear up, and especially for forgetting to buy me tiramisu from Hiedstand for the SECOND time. Finished the song a little after 3 am, and chatted with a definitely woozy Ayu for a while. After a small glass of water for sahur, I just collapsed into bed. Next thing I knew CA woke me up, and it was going to be terang benderang. The Gajah pun dah subuh.
Hey, maybe I'd pass the song to Anedra and see if she is in the mood to write another set of lyrics. Nak?
So today, I am a stay-in-bed mom, only not as good looking as that blonde lady on Arrested Development. I have long tidied up the bed I slept on last night, now I am typing this in the comfort of the guest room where I have placed A's toys and all the necessary stuff to keep her from peeling my eyelids should I slip into darkness.
Some good news, Ayu has updated. Ok,I admit it, I am an addict. Ely has probably dropped 3 dress size as the South Beach diet is doing her a lot of good. My puasa ganti accidently reduced 5 lbs off strategic locations, Mak and Bapak noticed, and CA noted that the back end of my torso is shaping pretty nicely. And because of that, I gave The Cocoa Tree a visit and bought a bag of Belgian Noir minibars for ME!ME! ME!, Whittaker's Almond Gold for me and MIL, ( Nad, dia jual bar besar gila, Nad, bukan kecik2 macam dulu tu, boleh gila, Nad..) and heart shaped milk chocs for my babies. Ayu says, I am hopeless, no way I can diet like this. We were imagining if Ailin lived next door to me. She with her delish bakes and I with my sinful indulgences, Ayu said she's definitely stay away from our homes. I was like, hey, Ailin and I would probably keep our front door open, just so we can check put each others' kitchens and see what's cooking. Or we would not be cooking but YMing while sitting next to each other.
Another great news, people are really making serious hot kueh these days. Elisa binte Pok Ku sudah berjaya, MakNenek may have some news soon. I suddenly have this crazy longing for babies. But then, aiya..engineer husband must lay down the hard facts before we could make kueh shamelessly, recklessly. Something in me tells me I am ready. Hmm...
Oh, and I went shopping with the inlaws' yesterday. Had that delicious Thaksin Beef Noodles. Bapak had all the gearbox offal in his soup, we all had beef alat-alat. Jalan punya jalan, while Bapak had a massage at the reflexologist, lapar la pulak. So we popped over to banquet and had rojak buah, and fried white carrot cake, washed down with frothy teh tarek.
Balik je, sedih because he did not get me the yummilicious tiramisu and truffle cake. Luckily I stocked up at The Cocoa Tree. Maybe he is deliberately controlling my chocolate intake tak? Could that be remotely possible?
And with all that chocolate, a new bottle of B*rberry and a necklace(ooooh, and I so love it!), I still merajuk because I so wanted the tiramisu and truffle cake.The goodies were just $2.40 for a small slice, and halal ones are so hard to come buy. *sulk sulk sulk*
NVM, I have all the ingredients to make tiramisu, I will get those creamed strawberries for Cold Storage down the road, and make them a part of my kiss-and-make-up repertoire, IF I get lucky. I must and I must have my cravings satiated. Wajib!
While A was having lunch, I chatted with Kak Teh. She's doing okay, albeit missing AG to bits and main chop-chop PC dekat computer lab.. I told her about my rajuk, and she shared me a little story that's supposed to help me focus on more important things. Therapy with Kakteh always cures my muncung lah. Please don't start charging ah Kakteh lahleng?
She also shared with me some sad news about the demise of two Malay sailors who are very close to her heart. Panjangkan doa untuk Allahyarham Pak Arshad and Allahyarham Pak Majid, valiant heroes of their time.
We also talked about our similar habit of eating alone at restaurants with the company of a captivating book. That's a story for another day. Meanwhile, Kakteh, I am sure AG misses you just as much.
I am fasting again today, hallucinating floating mascarpone, fluffy cream and fairy chocolate dust. Uja says there is a Halal Food fest at Expo. Aiyaaaaaaaaaaa...masalah lah Labu! I hope CA would manja me and take me to that Cuban gig tonite, and join you in your kegiatan berfoya-foya. Labak, jangan tak labak!

No comments: