Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Memerable Memories

Lil Ms D memed me.

20 years ago, 1985 (age 10)

1.First discovered Bee Dees.
2.Won a RM30 award for best Malay student (that was a lot of money for a kid who got 40 sen a day as duit jajan)
3.Discovered that I had a knack for sports. An old friend, Norhanizam aka Yeop, trained me to run like him at 100m sprint.
4.Acquired survival kitchen skills from Makcik Rose.
5.Help make popiah and cucur udang at the school canteen after netball practice.
6.Had a small dancing team, Norzie, Aisa, Mimi and I performed at class parties. Learned zapin, inang and boria steps.
7.Sparred with boys, lost twice to Kean Jin and Khalil, discovered how painful it is to be kicked in the tummy.
8.The boys let me play soccer in the evenings.
9.Mak left for Amsterdam on a loooooooong broadcasting course at Radio Nederland, I had fun bossing my siblings around.
10.Arwah makwo was bedridden after her 3rd major stroke, she passed away a year later.


10 years ago, 1995 (age 20)

1.Probably the worst year
2.Near fatal incidences.
3.Friendships were challenged.
4.Broke up with my childhood sweetheart.
5.Discovered serial dating and how much I’ve missed out being stuck with one guy since I was 14. Which also means my heart was battered and crushed multiple times but I was always first to get out when things went wrong. Egotistical b****h!



5 years ago, 2000 (age 25)

1.Cyberjaya , teaching at Multimedia University.
2.Finalist for AIM2000 Song of the Year, spoke to M.Nasir for the first time. Starstruck.
3.Befriended a somebody, he liked me too much, I had to run like mad. No way I was going to be cawangan kedua. Despite that major crush on his S-class. Takuttttttt.
4.Seriously dated someone, but did not work out. Continued serial dating, got dumped for the first time. Ouch.
5.Murah rezeki.Alhamdulillah
6.Met Tun Daim, and discovered oh, how down to earth he is. He wears sandals to work.

7.Lost weight with the help of a celebrity doctor, relapsed and accepted the fact that I am just meant to be chunky lah.
8.My best friend taught me how to swim properly.
9.Robert T Kiyosaki changed my life.

10. Had lunch with Siti Hasmah, and discovered how soft her hands are.
11. Got a job in South Africa, and decided that I could actually survive on my own. Takmo kawin, all men suck and all.


3 years ago, 2002 (age 27)

1.Singapore, happily married.
2.Murah rezeki. Alhamdulillah
3.Almost famous.
4.Moved out of the inlaws’ and into our own place.
5.Drive-toured Europe with darling husband. Woo hoo!
6.Miscarried after 12 weeks gestation. Very sad.
7.Actively making hot hot kueh in the oven.
8.Started a home office, doing A&P, virtual assistant.




Last year, 2004 (age 29)

1.Singapore, hot kueh is one year old.
2.Developed chronic dependence on the internet.
3.CA murah rezeki. Alhamdulillah.
4.Mak’s breast cancer metastasized to the lungs and liver.
5.Home business doing pretty well. Toyed with ping pang pet pot (import export)



This year, 2005 (age 30)

1. Singapore, hot kueh is two year old.
2. Discovered blogging and made new friends.
3.Started a home studio.
4.Confirmed that I cannot bake and sew to save my life
5.Seriously writing to publish.
6.Discovered that that Bentong publisher sucks.
7.Grew up. Finally
8.Rezeki is a bit slow, but still okay. Alhamdulillah.
9.Mak relapsed.




Next year, 2006 (age 31)

1.Singapore, actively making another hot kueh?
2.Set up own music publishing house and earn more.
3.Produce own song and earn more.
4.Launch book.
5.Buy property in Malaysia?
6.Aishah weaned and toilet –trained?

10 years from now, 2015 (age 40)


1.Small island off Trengganu,financially independent, with Ely, Maknenek and Uja.
2.All 9 V2020 resolutions realized 5 years in advance. Woo hoo!
3.All hot kuehs on express route to Oxford law/Harvard Business. Unless the kuehs have other plans.
4.Perform Hajj
5.Still making hot kueh in the oven
.


Next to be memed: Ely, Redkebaya, Lollies, CK, Noreez, Uja, Mak Nenek, Kakteh(only if you can tear yourself way from the big D) and everyone at Sentraal Station. That means YOU

No comments: