Tuesday, September 06, 2005

My Kapoor Crush

The previous meme brought back memories of how much Hindi movie I watched when I was in primary school. Thanks to Makcik Rose who was a true blue Hindi fan. I remember falling in love for the first time with the Kapoor brothers, Shashi especially. I remember Dhamendra from Yadon Ki Barat, but I could not get over Sangaam, Junglee and Bobby. There is no Khans or Bachchans in Bollywood who can take the place of the Kapoors in my heart. Today, while surfing, I found this. All of them are grandfathers now. But then again, I refuse to erase that cherubic good looks of Raj, Daboo, Rishi, Shammi and Shashi off my long term memory bank. I also remember the babes of Bollywood, Dimple, Rekha, Sridevi, Zeenat Aman, Kajal Kiron, Shoma Anand, Bhavna, Jaya Prada, Naseem, Sonam, Divya Bharti and how amply proportioned they were. Yet still confident enough to jiggle all the way down meadows and throwing them rolly pollies on pink cushions provocatively yet still maintaining a certain degree of decency. Remember those nak cium tapi malu lah scenes?
That led to serious digging into my collection of Lata Mageshkar, Asha Bhosle, Mohd Rafi and Kishore Kumar, I got quite a few, thanks to my MIL.
My favourite is:
Kaliyon ka chaman tab banta hai
Thoda resham lagta hai
thoda shesha lagta hai
Heere moti jadte hain
thoda sona lagta hai
Thoda resham lagta hai
thoda shesha lagta hai
Heere moti jadte hain
thoda sona lagta hai
Haaaan ho ho ho..Oooooo oh ho hoooo...Haaaan ho ho ho..Oooooo oh ho hoooo...
This song by Lata, is the one song I keep hearing everywhere I went when I was pregnant with Aishah. But then, I did spend a lot of time at Mustafa Center back then.
Oh-oh. I am turning into a Makcik Rose. Luckily they don't make Hindi movies like they used to. Who is your favourite Kapoor?
Meanwhile, take a listen to an oldie by the Kapoors.
*serious rolling of bodies over hills and flowerbeds in between multiple costume changes*

No comments: