Friday, July 01, 2005

Extreme Breakups

If you think this is about you, Mr Polan bin Si Polan, it's not. Although I must admit, I learnt a lot from you. You know, you can actually justify the way people break up based on their majors. But that's not the story I wish to share with you today.
I wanna talk about moving on, though I am no authority in psychotherapy or counselling, I am sure with the wisdom of the makcik groupie that we have now, we'd be able to bounce ideas and learn from ic aler (each other).
I am actually thinking out loud again, so bear with me. I am on the same path as the next plain Jane. When I am up, I'm up. When I am down, I feel like a dead man walking the green mile. When I get my faculties in order, I try to rest and do the 3Rs of change: recover, refocus, regenerate or put on my multicolored De Bono Hats if I have the time.
Well, we can't deny the reality that we can't always feel good everyday but there are ways for us to cope.
That's why we need friends.
Friends:
a) care about us and make us feel that sense of belonging, the acceptance and actualization we need.
b) are able to talk to us, help us feel good and hopefully numb stress.
c) give us enough warmth to get by especially when you have no family living close to us.
No matter how busy you are, you must, you must find time to see/meet friends. Blogspot is one way.
While absorbing good vibes from positively happy people, God created food, glorious, food. I am not advocating emotional eating, but you know, a scoop of Dreyer's won't hurt, eh Ely? Seriously, eat and exercise well. Run off your angst or sweat it out,or perhaps, take a stroll and pay more attention to your surroundings. The healthy symbiotic relationship between our body and our mind will only benefit our soul, aye?
In between running around like a headless chicken, we should set aside some time to manjakan diri. Uja can definitely vouch for the benefits of spa treatments, she is like a jet plane filled with fizzy bubbles ready to take off. Whatever you do, find a way to relax. Even if it means putting off some of that work. Before you breakdown, relax.
Get help, if you need it. Google about your problem, find out where you can go to get help.
Most importantly, talk to God.
Have a good weekend everyone.

No comments: